Skype for Business includes robust features that take Skype communication to a new, professional level. Users get all the tools they need to collaborate and engage in business conversations—without limits.
SKYPE FOR BUSINESS
Messaging capabilities of Skype for Business
Skype for Business includes features that take office communications to a new level, while helping to provide a secure and professional alternative for instant messaging.
- Instant messaging. Securely chat with co-workers in virtually any office. Help keep projects and work flowing with real-time communications, even with a distributed, mobile workforce.
- Rich presence. Skype for Business provides immediate, visual availability indicators of colleagues’ ability to chat, showing if contacts are “available,” “away”, “busy”, and more. Presence is automatically updated based on your Outlook calendar, and is displayed across all Microsoft Office applications.
- Screen sharing*. Share documents and applications to help communicate ideas faster and help complete work more efficiently.
- Group chat. Group chat combined with desktop sharing is a powerful tool to help drive information sharing across your organization, particularly with employees located in different offices.
- Voice and video chat.* Chat sessions transition to face-to-face meetings with a single click, helping to improve collaboration.
* Requires Skype for Business Enterprise
Using Skype for Business for virtual meetings
With the Enterprise version of Skype for Business, you get what you need to run both spontaneous or scheduled online, virtual meetings with colleagues, customers and partners.
- Join or schedule online meetings. Easily schedule meetings directly from Outlook with a single-click and join meetings from anywhere on any device
- Integrated voice and video. Catch visual and vocal cues from meeting participants, as if you are all in the same room – even if you’re around the globe
- Desktop and application sharing. Present visuals, applications, web pages, documents, software or any part of a desktop to conference participants
- Virtual whiteboard. Online meetings become more effective with the use of a virtual whiteboard, allowing presenters to draw, add text and highlight information with powerful and flexible annotation tools
*All virtual meeting features require Skype for Business Enterprise